When evaluating the numerous no-surrender annuity products on the market, Annuity FYI looks for a) features of the annuity itself; and b) the company issuing the annuity.
Criteria we use in evaluating the annuity are:
- M&E and Admin fees.
- Competitive annuitization factors and actuarial tables during payout phase. This translates into a larger lifetime income stream if you annuitize, for up to two people (husband and wife).
- Outstanding features and benefits, including but not limited to living income benefits and enhanced death and estate benefits.
- Sub-accounts and asset allocation models with strong historical returns that we believe will have strong future performance.
- Turn-key asset allocation models to meet investor profiles ranging from conservative to aggressive, with active rebalancing.
- A large selection of fund sub-accounts and the ability to invest outside of a model.
Criteria we use in evaluating the insurance company issuing the annuities and riders are:
- High safety ratings of the issuing company (although with variable annuities your assets are held separately from the insurance company’s general accounts, the features and benefits are based on the claims-paying ability of the issuing company and its re-insurers).
- Company management, customer service, and ease of account access.